Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like fall....

While I am most definitely sad that summer has come to an end here in Colorado this in-between time is my most favorite time of year. Our falls are incredibly short here in Colorado so you have to catch the beautiful Aspen's changing at just the right moment. Hike too early to see them and they won't be a brilliant yellow yet, go too late and all the leaves will be lost in the wind. Here's some beautiful photos from a hike I did at the end of September:




This lake was supposed to be frozen but as you can see it isn't yet!






as you can see one of our 14ers already has a dusting of snow

I'm enjoying the beauty of fall here while I can before the snow moves in and blankets everything for the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment