Sunday, September 11, 2011

Closing out Summer

The days may be getting shorter and the nights a little cooler but that doesn't mean we are done with summer just yet. While we didn't make it up Long's peak due to Chad injuring his leg in hockey, we have managed to have some fun in and around Denver these last few warm weeks of the year. So here is just a peek at how we've been spending our weekends since the Warrior Dash in August:

Deadmau5 at Red Rocks - definitely one of the best show's I've seen in a long time at the best venue in the state. The only bummer was that DJ's tend to attract 14 year old raver kids wearing little more than neon underwear but that didn't stop us from having a fabulous time.




My friend Margaret has thrown not one but two shindigs at her house this year and both have been nothing but good food and amazing people. The first was to celebrate the end of the summer teacher training and the second was for Labor Day. I have really enjoyed getting to know the people I work with and out with at my gym and it's made my days here in Colorado so much better:




Taste of Colorado was also Labor Day weekend and Chad and I went with our best friends Lyndee and Mark. I had really wanted to go hiking but Chad was on call and since I had no one to go with I decided to stay in town and enjoy the free event. We ended up going out after the festival and we bar hopped all over Denver. Sometimes you just need a night with no plans like that:







(owling on a dumpster)

This past Friday was my gym's grand re-opening party. They closed for two weeks to clean and organize and paint murals on the walls inside and out. We ended up hanging out at my friend Sherry's loft which her and her husband had rented for the summer and happened to be right next door to the gym. We could look down on the action in the parking lot but talk in a more intimate setting:




(more owling)


(our gym produces results)



Yesterday was the Tour de Fat here in Denver which is an annual event celebrating biking, beer and being a freak. Everyone dresses up in costume and listens to bands and enjoys the great outdoors:



(chad as the beer ranger and me as the beer fairy)




Today was Yoga rocks the park and Lyndee and I had bought our tickets back in May to attend. The teacher was amazing and they had a live dj plus plenty of freebies from gluten free ice cream to luna bars. Although it started at 10am, the temperature rose quickly and we were sweating before we knew it. The total yoga time was 1.5 hours and we did some poses I had never even practiced myself. I love yoga and so add in an outdoor venue with your closest friends and you know it's a recipe for a great Sunday morning:












Namaste friends and cheers to the end of one season and the beginning of something new~

No comments:

Post a Comment